1) Download file form http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Downloads
2) Create folder on C:\ and rename it ‘mongo’. Extract downloaded file into it.
3) Create a directory called ‘data’ inside C:\mongo
4) Create a directory called ‘ C:\mongo\log\log.txt ‘ inside C:\mongo
5) Click on the Start Menu and enter “cmd” in the search box. and type ‘ C:\mongo\bin\mongod –install –logpath C:\mongo\log\log.txt ‘
6) Click on the start menu and enter “regedit” in the search box. Click on regedit.exe, and then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services. There should be child folder there named MongoDB that has several keys inside it. If not, go back to step 4 and try again.
7) The ImagePath key should read “c:\mongo\bin\mongod –service” right now; change it to “c:\mongo\bin\mongod –service –dbpath c:\mongo\data”. This will allow MongoDB to find its data files.
8) Click on the Start Menu and enter “services” in the search box. Click on the “Component Services” option.
9) In the pane on the far left, double-click on “Services (Local).” Locate MongoDB in the list in the center pane, and double click on it to bring up the properties inspector window.
10) Make sure “Startup type” is set to automatic. Then click on the “Start” button.
11) Browse to http://localhost:28017/ to verify that MongoDB is really running.
12) download ‘ php_mongo.dll ‘ file and put it into ‘ xampp\php\ext ‘
13) add this extension into php.ini
14) Download library form ‘ https://github.com/kyledye/MongoDB-CodeIgniter-Driver ‘. and follow the instruction.