The easy way to set user name and password for a mongo db database:
If you need any more help please feel free to ask me. 🙂
1) Download file form http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Downloads
2) Create folder on C:\ and rename it ‘mongo’. Extract downloaded file into it.
3) Create a directory called ‘data’ inside C:\mongo
4) Create a directory called ‘ C:\mongo\log\log.txt ‘ inside C:\mongo
5) Click on the Start Menu and enter “cmd” in the search box. and type ‘ C:\mongo\bin\mongod –install –logpath C:\mongo\log\log.txt ‘
6) Click on the start menu and enter “regedit” in the search box. Click on regedit.exe, and then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services. There should be child folder there named MongoDB that has several keys inside it. If not, go back to step 4 and try again.
7) The ImagePath key should read “c:\mongo\bin\mongod –service” right now; change it to “c:\mongo\bin\mongod –service –dbpath c:\mongo\data”. This will allow MongoDB to find its data files.
8) Click on the Start Menu and enter “services” in the search box. Click on the “Component Services” option.
9) In the pane on the far left, double-click on “Services (Local).” Locate MongoDB in the list in the center pane, and double click on it to bring up the properties inspector window.
10) Make sure “Startup type” is set to automatic. Then click on the “Start” button.
11) Browse to http://localhost:28017/ to verify that MongoDB is really running.
12) download ‘ php_mongo.dll ‘ file and put it into ‘ xampp\php\ext ‘
13) add this extension into php.ini
14) Download library form ‘ https://github.com/kyledye/MongoDB-CodeIgniter-Driver ‘. and follow the instruction.
That’s it !
CodeIgniter (CI) is an open source web application framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. CodeIgniter provides a rich set of libraries with a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. It is based on the popular Model-View-Controller development pattern. Where View and Controller classes are a necessary part of development and Model is entirely optional and rarely needed. Model usually uses to connect with the database. View received data from controller and other HTML markup. A View is every page you see over the internet and Controller is responsible to handle the requests, manipulating models or other controllers. CodeIgniter used in building dynamic web sites with PHP. And its main goal is to allow user to develop lightning fast applications.
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a popular server side scripting language which is mainly used in web development and can be embedded into HTML by using PHP code as its input and HTML as the output. It is widely used to write web applications. Now we use the current PHP version PHP5. MVC (Model View Controller) is a software architecture and Object oriented programming or OOP is one model of programming language which focuses on the use of objects instead of actions.
Solver Circle Ltd developed many websites using PHP more than several years and they have experienced, hard worker and fast learner web developers who use the MVC, OOP feature in PHP.